Spring is in the AIR!! Now here is what to WEAR!

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

That was such a catchy title right?! 

 I often get asked the question "what do i wear for my pictures?"  I usually give these few tips....


1.  TAKE IT EASY ON THE PATTERN
     When i say that i mean little tiny pattern.  I once had someone come in a button up shirt this the teeny tiny checks  and the camera does funny things to tiny patterns.  It looked like you were getting hypnotized from his shirt.  I was able to fix and tweak the photo's.  It is just easier to avoid them in the long run. 

     I also suggest avoiding large logo's, or character's on your outfits.  It tends to date the look more.  Unless it is the whole theme of the shoot, i would avoid.  

      I am a huge fan of big prints.  but those should be worn by one possibly 2 people (in a regular family shoot).  We don't want bushels of flowers on everyone.  

This is one of my favourites from last year,  Just enough colour and pattern to make this darling family pop.


2. PICK COMPLIMENTARY COLORS
    You don't want to show up the day of the shoot all wearing matching blue tee shirts.  I always suggest picking 2 or 3 colour that coordinate and pick outfits around those colours.  In large family settings it is the least amount of planning and coordinating if you tell everyone to wear greys, navy blues and yellow (that was just a example).  You don't want anyone to look matchy matchy,  but you don't want the one random person who choose to wear a neon Pink Floyd shirt, cause that's the only thing your going to see in the picture... May make for a good story but not a good picture.





3.  CHOOSE COMFORT
     The worst thing is to show up to a session that you have spent your hard earned money on,  and be uncomfortable.    I always suggest for MOM's to pick there outfit first.  choose something you love, you feel good in and your are comfortable wearing.  When you have picked your outfit choose everyone Else's outfits to coordinate with you.  When Momma's happy... everyone is happy.

4.  HAVE SOME TEXTURE
     I love a good layered look.  So choose a layer or two that you may want to add or subtract from your overall look.  Hats, headbands, jackets, scarves are a few great easy items that can be put on and taken off to change your look up quick.

5.  SHOE'S SHOE'S SHOE'S
    Sometimes i feel that foot wear is forgotten in the outfit choices.  Be sure that the kiddo's are wearing the shoes you assigned (and the husband for that matter)  and MATCHING SOCKS.  There has been more then once that families have gotten to the shoot and realized the little Freddy has one neon green sock and one black sock and as much as we try to hide them.... your going to see them.  



Those are my major life changing tips, (where is my laughing emoji when i need it). 
I am also happy to give a second opinion on outfits.  I have Mom's texting me pictures all the time asking if those colour look good and if i would change anything.  I am beyond happy to give my opinion!  

Post a Comment

Back to Top